Grant Guidelines and Application
Who may apply for a Grant and what may they use it for?
District 204 staff members are eligible to apply for funding via our grant program. Only one grant, per applicant, will be awarded during any given year. Grants may be used to fund a specific student focused project or to provide a unique classroom opportunity.
When may I submit my grant request?
The Spring application period is open from March 1 to April 15, 2017. Funding is limited and early application is encouraged. Projects must be for the 2017-18 academic year.
Criteria for Grants
Grant proposals should:
- Demonstrate innovative and creative educational experiences for students.
- Align with District 204 Curriculum and the Mission of IPEF.
- Clearly define the number of students that will benefit from the project and demonstrate how funding will directly impact students.
- Outline potential for collaboration with District peers in sharing of materials or experiences.
- Provide opportunities that would not normally be funded through district finances.
NOTE: Requests for technology must demonstrate implementation of a new or creative project and include specific information as to how it will impact student achievement.
What will not be considered:
- Projects that do not directly impact students
- Professional Development and Staff of substitute time
- Athletic Equipment
- Capital Improvements (example: a new structure, such as a greenhouse)
- On-going maintenance of existing projects
- Projects that have already occurred
- Equipment/Technology purchases that are not part of a specific project
- Furniture (seating or desks)
Is there a limit on the amount of funding that may be requested?
While there is no specific limit on the funding amount you may request, we ask that you keep in mind the size of our district and the dollars that are available to fund a large population. We typically receive 60 grant applications a year and strive to provide as many opportunities as possible. We encourage you to apply early and keep in mind requests over $2000 may require additional information and/or a presentation to the grant selection committee.
How are applications evaluated?
Applications are reviewed by the Grant Selection Committee consisting of administrators, IPEF Board Directors and committee designates.
The Grant Selection Committee favors projects that:
- Align with district curriculum and the mission of IPEF.
- Show innovation and creativity.
- Have a complete application, clearly describe the project and define a clear method for evaluating success.
- Include a detailed budget and appropriate administrative approvals.
- Clearly define the number of students who will benefit from the project and demonstrate a direct impact on as many students as possible.
When will I know if my request was approved?
Applicants requesting funding for projects that will occur during the 2017-18 school year will be notified of status via email according to the timetable below.
|Applications Received by:
April 15, 2017
October 13, 2017
|Will be reviewed:
|Notified of Status:
On or before May 15, 2017
On or before November 15, 2017
If your application is approved:
- Funds will be distributed directly to your school.
- You will be required to submit an IPEF Grant Evaluation form within one month of project completion.
- You will be asked to work with us to ‘showcase’ your project within the community (i.e. Twitter, eNews, Inside 204, IPEF website)
Download our IPEF Grant Process-Helpful Hints 2017-2018 Final for additional tips.
We know your time is valuable. Thank you for your interest in maintaining the high level of educational opportunities in District 204!
If you have any questions, please contact Michelle Plummer at (630) 803-2186 or email@example.com